About Me

My photo
This is written by a city girl born and raised in Los Angeles, California. I'm an aspiring Journalist. I may not know about politics, rocket science or calculus but if here is one thing I know a lot about, it's music. This blog will feature new music, new bands that are worthy of your attention, concert reviews, photos from the many shows I go to, and album reviews. Any suggestions? Leave a comment.

Saturday, August 22, 2009

troubled with what to wear?

Dressing up for a show can be difficult; especially for those who don't want to loose their sense of style. Our sense of style shouldn't have to be sacrificed just because we enjoy being in the pit and on general admission floors at concerts. Wearing a band shirt and jeans are dead. wearing the shirt of the band you like to their concert is too typical. I avoid that as best I can.
It is even harder for girls. Girls like to look cute wherever they go, especially to a show.
When it comes to picking out the right shoes, I would say it's the most difficult part. Flats are your enemy on a standing room only floor. They come off too easily and are extremely painful when you plan to be standing on your feet for a long time.
For concerts, I recommend these:
Photobucket
BDG Suede Studded Boot org. $88 on sale now for $48

I own these exact boots and I LOVE them. They go with a lot of things like dresses, shorts, pants, etc. They are extremely comfortable and they're worth every penny. since they're suede, if they get wet, they'll dry up and won't get damaged. They come in a variety of colors: tan, gray, chocolate and black.

Jeans. These are tricky as well. you wouldn't normally think that jeans would be tricky, I wouldn't either if I hadn't experienced what I did. When I saw Arctic Monkeys, I had my cell phone in my pocket, somehow through the madness of the crowd, it slipped out and I never saw it again. So this is why, I only wear LEVIS to concerts where I know the show will be crazy. Levis Jeans have deep pockets so your phone, money, etc. will not slip out.
I recommend Levis SKINNY 524 . They're the best Jeans I have ever owned.
Photobucket
On Sale for $32 on levis.com with free shipping for those who are making their first online order through levis.com

For a show where a concert is sure to be wild and energetic, I recommend American Apparel Tri-Blend Short Sleeved V necks. The Tri-Blend V Necks are extremely soft and light weight and breathable. I own about 3 of these and love them. They go perfectly with a pair of skinny jeans and boots, or with a high waisted skirt and flats.
Photobucket
$22 is what one of these v necks will cost you on americanapparel.net, which might be a little steep for just a v neck, but they're so comfortable and durable, you wont be sorry.

A lot of shows are held outdoors, so why be stuck in jeans and t's right? Which is why I like to wear the BDG Tank dress & BDG Tank Jumper.
Photobucket
The BDG Tank Dress is currently on sale for $25 on urbanoutfitters.com and comes in a variety of colors.
Photobucket
BDG Tank Jumper is $20 on urbanoutfitters.com comes in 3 colors. It is extremely comfortable.

The Tri Blend Cardigan
Best Cardigan I have ever owned! it is perfect for after a concert. after a show you're sweaty and hot, but when you step outside, you need a little light sweater, and this is when the Tri-Blend Cardigan comes in handy.
Photobucket
I own it in the athletic grey and athletic blue. My favorite one is the athletic grey because it goes with everything. I wear it with dresses, jeans, it goes with just about everything. it is $44 on americanapparel.net, it's expensive for what it is, but I don't regret it. I wear it often and it still looks really good.

After almost loosing my purse at a concert, I vowed to never take a purse to a show ever again. But come on, I'm a girl, that's a promise I cannot keep. I'm a purse and shoes kind of gal, and it's hard to resist cute purses. So now, I take a small bag that can be crossed over that holds all my necessary items such as my phone, wallet and keys and I am good to go.
I liked bags like the one shown, it's small but holds everything I need.
Photobucket
This bag is by Deena & Ozzy and is $15 on urbanoutfitters.com

No comments:

Post a Comment