About Me

My photo
This is written by a city girl born and raised in Los Angeles, California. I'm an aspiring Journalist. I may not know about politics, rocket science or calculus but if here is one thing I know a lot about, it's music. This blog will feature new music, new bands that are worthy of your attention, concert reviews, photos from the many shows I go to, and album reviews. Any suggestions? Leave a comment.

Friday, August 28, 2009

Franz Ferdinand @ The Hollywood Palladium

For those of you who were not lucky enough to get your hands on some tickets or were hesitant, you missed a GREAT show. The newly remodeled Hollywood Palladium on Sunset Boulevard in Hollywood is one of my favorite places to watch a concert. It's intimate, newly restored and has great lighting.

The band played a total of 17 songs. I think they balanced the albums pretty well. They played a handful from each album and my Franz pallet was satisfied.

Before the show, I got to meet Nick McCarthy (keyboard/guitar/backing vocals), my favorite member of Franz Ferdinand as he was walking down Sunset Boulevard.

He is the nicest celebrity/musician I have ever met. He's kind, sweet and a bit of a flirt if I may add.

Set List:
  1. Bite Hard
  2. The Dark Of The Matinée
  3. No You Girls
  4. Van Tango
  5. This Fire
  6. Turn It On
  7. Can't Stop Feeling
  8. Walk Away
  9. Do You Want To
  10. Take Me Out
  11. What She Came For
  12. The Fallen
  13. 40'
  14. Outsiders
  15. Encore:
  16. Michael
  17. Darts Of Pleasure
  18. Ulysses
  19. Auf Achse
  20. Lucid Dreams

No comments:

Post a Comment